Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanksgiving etc.

This is a kind of random post. I haven't put anything up in a while and its been a busy couple of months. I couldn't get my Christmas pics to upload either so those will be coming. Beau finished his second to last semester of nursing school this month and got his LPN so he has been super busy. Once he finally got a break we went to the park and built a snowman. Beau and Anna had a lot of fun. I, being 9 months pregnant mostly had fun watching.

We put up a pink tree in Anna's room and she loved it. She has been so fun this Christmas. Everything is just so exciting when your 2!


We went down to the Grand America the day after Thanksgiving with all the Hendershots. They had a big tree lighting ceremony and a childrens choir and hot chocolate, cookie decorating, etc. Santa was there but we didn't want to wait an hour to see him and as we've come to find out Anna is terrified of him anyway! Well at least she was until Christmas morning when she realized what we meant by Santa bringing presents and now she talks about him a lot and keeps wanting to open more presents.


We had Thanksgiving with the Hendershots and had to go to a church for us to all fit. The kids put together a little dance for us while the adults played corn hole all night.




Here is Anna eating her Thanksgiving dinner.


This is a random picture but I told some people I would put it up here so they could see it. I redid my table a couple months ago. It was actually Beau's parents table that they gave to us. It was the kitchen table he grew up with. It was oak and I wanted more of a shabby chic look. If I had known how long it was going to take me I don't think I would have had the energy to do it but once I got started I had no choice but to finish. So after three days of sanding, 3 coats of paint, more sanding, staining, and a top coat here is the finished product. Its kind of hard to see in the picture but I really like how it turned out. Unfortunately it blends into the floor and walls but in a rental what can you do?








1 comments:

Dezi & Brock said...

Man, I'm never going to hear the end of that table! Haha j/k. It's awesome, after all that work, I would be bragging about it any chance I got! Haha