Friday, January 6, 2012

Our crazy, busy Christmas

This post is a little backwards but that is how I uploaded the photos and I don't want to rearrange them. We had a very busy holiday season but loved every minute of it. Luke turned 1 on the 30th so we threw him a little party. Beau's family gives me a hard time about throwing parties for my kids so I really tried to keep it simple this time. With all the family in town and it being December we decided to do it a our church's gym. I walked in and almost died. There were balloons everywhere. Like lots and lots of balloons. They were hanging in clumps from the ceiling and on all the walls etc. I guess there was an activity that night in the Spanish branch and I just got lucky. We let everyone think we spent the whole night putting up all those balloons for a while but then let them know I'm not really that crazy. We did have a little bounce house thanks to Dave and Candice. (I didn't get any good pics of the balloons but you can see some of them- and yes the tablecloths are for round tables and our church had none!)


Luke LOVED his cake! He really went to town on it which was fun because Anna would hardly touch hers. He looked like he had an orange spray tan after I washed it off and I had to throw away the onesie but it was worth it.
My birthday is the 29th and I had so much fun going up to the Grand America with my mom and sisters for "tea" and than Beau took me out to dinner and a movie.
The 27th Beau's brother Taylor got married. It was such a fun day. We were up at my parents the day before and left Anna and Luke there for the night (thanks mom and dad) so Beau and I got to sleep in and than go to the wedding breakfast. They were married in the Salt Lake temple in the same room as Beau and I so that was really fun too. There reception was at the Joseph Smith Building and was beautiful. We are sooo excited to have Melissa in the family!

So last but not least is Christmas. We started by having breakfast at Kade and Megans on Christmas Eve and then going to Puss in Boots. Christmas Eve dinner was at Beau's parents and they outdid themselves. Everything was set beautifully and we had clam chowder, salad, crab and artichokes.
Christmas morning was so much fun with Anna. This girl doesn't lack in enthusiasm. She was so excited for every little thing and would say Oh its just what I wanted, I love it, It's perfect, beautiful etc and then yell Thank you Santa really loud so he could hear.


We hurried and got ready for church and rushed up to my parents ward so we could squeeze everything in. After that we went back to their house and opened presents but I don't have any pics for some reason. They totally spoiled us. Anna was so cute with Luke too- she was just as excited for him to get something.
After that we went back down to Beau's family for presents where we were spoiled again. And than we went to his brothers house for dinner. It was pretty non stop but it is so fun to be with family and we are so thankful we were able to do it all. The week continued the same way- with the wedding, my birthday, Luke's birthday, our nephew Oaks' baptism (he has the same birthday as Luke) and than we spent New Year's Eve day playing with all Beau's family at a church- went to dinner with the adults and games that night. New Year's Day our niece Lilly Eve (Brock and Dezi's new baby) was blessed and than we had a birthday dinner with my family for Dave before they left for Arizona. We all got sick and crashed on Monday!

1 comments:

paulnmea said...

Kim, come back to the blogging world. I miss!