Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Festivities

We've done a few things for Christmas this year and it has been so fun with Anna. She is so excited about everything that has to do with Christmas and lights and Santa etc. We went up to the Hogle Zoo for there zoo lights and although it was freezing cold we had a good time. We went with my mom and dad and Caitlyn too.

Not a lot of the animals were out but we saw some monkeys, all the reptiles (which I usually opt out of seeing because that building smells so bad- but the cold was too much for me this time!) and the tigers. The tigers were really active and fun to watch. Anna has a little scratch on her leg and she has been telling everyone that a tiger looked right at her and the glass was gone and he jumped right at her and bit her leg. What an imagination- where does she come up with this stuff?
For our wedding we were given two really cute stockings but I have never been able to find anything that matches. Although I don't really want to admit this, this is Anna's 4th Christmas and she's never really had a stocking. I saw this idea on a blog of using old sweaters and luckily I already had 2 in a D.I. bag so I went for it. Anna is a little disappointed hers isn't pink but at least she has one now, right!
We have seen Santa a few times and she has asked him for something different everytime. So does that mean I need to get all of those things or that she will be happy with anything? I think I'll go with the latter (esp since one of them is pink ice skates and what would she do with those?) The first time she saw Santa she asked him for Tiana (princess and the frog), as we walked away I looked at her little face and she looked crushed and started breaking down in tears. I asked her what was wrong and she said "He didn't give me Tiana." I had to explain the whole waiting until Christmas, being good for the elves and they will make it for you thing. Someone that had gone right over her head!
We went up to Temple Square right after Thanksgiving also. It was beautiful as always. This is the best time of the year!


1 comments:

The Beck's said...

Your stockings look great! Can't wait to see you guys.