Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer

Luke is now 7 months old. I kind of missed the 6 month mark. In my defense I did try to post a few weeks ago but my computer froze in the middle of uploading pictures and I gave up. So here is a recap of our summer so far. I have to say Luke is the cutest little boy I've ever met. He has a permanent smile on his face and will laugh at just about anything. He is as big as ever although his percentages did go down a tiny bit at his 6 month apt. He weighed 20lbs 12oz and was 28 1/4 inches tall. I don't remember what that is but they were both still in the 90's. I thought he would be a little slower than Anna as far as crawling etc because he has been so mellow since he was born but I was wrong. He started crawling right at 6 months, it was somewhat like a worm for the first couple of weeks but he is now all over the place and fast. He went up the stairs this week for the first time and almost gave me a heart attack when I saw him 5 stairs up.


As big as he is you would think he loved to eat-- but you would be wrong. Not only does he not nurse as often as Anna did he also HATES baby food. This picture is from a month or so ago so he has gotten a little better but he usually gags, turns his head and clenches his mouth closed when we try to feed him. So far bananas are the only thing he eats willingly.


My little princess has really become independent lately. She wants to pick out everything herself including her shoes. Here she is in my heels. She made it down the porch stairs and into the car all by herself in these things. Although this was cute there have been some not so cute moments. I am already gearing up for her teenage years. I think we are in trouble.





These two are the cutest little buddies. Anna is such a good big sister. They are now in the same room together and when we go in in the morning she has usually climbed in the crib with him. We have popcorn ceilings with little sparkly things in them and she says they are looking at the stars. (That was the only time I have liked having popcorn ceilings!)
I came out of the kitchen to find this bed that Anna made for Luke and laid him down on.



It is so fun to have family in town during the summer. Candice was here in July and we went to lunch with Amber for her birthday. Anna has so much fun with her cousins.


We also went to the animal farm at Thanksgiving Point.






We had a Hendershot family reunion. Here are all the cousins at the Parade while the disney princesses came by.




Here is Anna after the princesses kept going past and she couldn't go with them.









Although none of the Hendershots are big campers we went for a night and had so much fun- although not much sleep! It was worth it though esp for all the kids.






We have spent a lot of time at the pool this summer too. Anna and Luke both love it.





We also went to Arizona a couple of months ago. This was Luke's first swimming experience. Do you see his big tummy hanging over his swimsuit? Why is this only cute on babies?!






2 comments:

Dowland Fam said...

I love all the pictures Kimmie. Anna and Luke sound a lot like Jimmmy and Emmie. Emmie is my princess and Jimmy is Mr. Chill and goes along with pretty much everything with a smile.

Brian and Carly said...

So cute Kimmie! Miss you!