Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween

Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion- for a minute I thought I'd be the Wicked Witch and Beau could be the Scarecrow or Tin Man- but that thought lasted literally only one minute.

These holidays get so much more fun the older Anna gets. She loved her costume and I thought this might be the last year I get to choose so I'll force her into it even if it isn't pink or a princess. But luckily it had sequins and twirled really big so we were good. Plus long hair has always been a dream of hers- one day Anna!
I babysat my cousins 4 girls the weekend before Halloween so we all went to Gardner Village to see the witches. I dressed my kids up because we weren't coming back up on Halloween and Grandma and Grandpa needed to see them.

We had a pizza party and rented the movie Witches too. I kind of forgot how scary it might be for little kids and Anna clung to me for most of it while I constantly reminded her its all pretend. But there were no nightmares and she hasn't brought it up since so I'd say it was a success!
On Halloween we went to the ward Trunk or Treat but I forgot my camera. Then we went around to a few houses including Grandmerry and Papa's with Kade, Megan, Brock and Dezi.


We had a great time. Halloween is a lot more fun with kids! But we are already moving onto Christmas in our house. Anna can't stop talking about it and the Elves are keeping her very well-behaved. I wish we could use that trick all year long- but I'm actually hoping the novelty will at least get us through December.

1 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

So cute Kimmie! Your kids have grown up so much since the last time I saw them!